WHO WE ARE
The Railway Industrial Clearance Association (RICA) was founded in 1969 and is dedicated to serving the heavy and dimensional transportation industry. We are over 400 members strong and growing every year. Representation includes all aspects of logistics associated with the movement of dimensional cargo via Rail including:
- Major Class 1 Railroads
- Regional and short line railroads
- Port Authorities
- Heavy Haul Motor Carriers
- Barge and Steamship lines
- and others involved in moving the "BIG STUFF"
RICA takes great pride in communicating with its members. Our association helps our members share ideas and resources aiding in the movement of dimensional shipping both by member interaction and in providing educational sessions . The cornerstone event of the organization is the annual meeting, typically held in June of each year at various locations.
The Railway Industrial Clearance Association is guided by the constitution of our organization. Charted as a non-profit group, our stated goals are:
- Explore opportunities (present and future) to solving problems arising from transporting large dimension, excess weight, excess center of gravity or unusual shipments.
- Improve professional and social cooperation between members.
- Convene shippers, receivers, and railroads to implement and effect common solutions for problems in transportation and related matters through a cooperative effort.
- Expand member's knowledge through published newsletters, annual meetings, committee work, and other mediums of communication.
Membership in the organization is open to those involved with the transportation/logistics of specialized, heavy/dimensional cargo. For more information please visit our membership page.
Railway Industrial Clearance Association membership dues are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes, but may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses.